Uttar Pradesh UPPSC PCS Online Form 2020
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission UPPSC Allahabad Are Invited to Online Application Form for the Recruitment of Combined State Upper Subordinate Prelim Examination 2020. Interested Completed all Interested Candidate Completed All Eligibility Criteria And Apply Online Application Form Before You Apply Online Application Form Please Read Full Notification.Uttar Pradesh UPPSC PCS
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC)
Combined State Upper Subordinate Service Exam PCS Recruitment 2019
- Application Begin : 16/11/2019
- Last Date Apply Online : 11/11/2019
- Last Date Pay Exam Fee : 11/11/2019
- Last Date completed Form : 13/11/2019
- Exam Date : Notified Soon
- Admit Card Available :Notified Soon
- Mains Form Start : 11/06/2020
- Last Date Apply Online : 18/06/2020
- Last Date Receipt Form : 29/06/2020
- General / OBC : Rs.125/-
- SC / ST : Rs. 65/-
- PH Candidates: Rs. 25/-
- Pay the Exam Fee Through SBI Mops Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or SBI E Challan Mode Only.
Vacancy Details Total Post : 353
- Bachelor Degree in Any Stream in Any Recognized University in India.
- Post Wise Eligibility See on Notification.
- Age : 21-40 Years
- Age As on 01/07/2019
- Extra Age As Per Rules.
Assistant conservator of Forest: Rs.15600/- to Rs.39100/-, Grade Pay- Rs.5400/-, (Level 10 in the pay matrix Group) Group “B”, Gazetted.
Range Forest Officer of Forest: Rs.9300/- to Rs.34800/-, Grade Pay – Rs.4800/-, (Level 8 pay matrix 47600 – 151100) Group “B”, Gazetted
UPPSC Syllabus 2020
Uttar Pradesh UPPSC PCS Online Form 2020 and ACF/ RFO exam is discussed here. The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) conducts the PCS and ACF / RFO. Through the UPPSC PCS and ACF / RFO Group A and Group B Officers are selected for the administrative services of the state government. The exam is conducted in three stages. The syllabus is little different for the UPPSC Prelims and Mains exam but the candidate should take an integrated approach to the UPPSC PCS and ACF / RFO syllabus as most of the topics are common.Uttar Pradesh UPPSC PCS Online Form 2020
- Prelims: 2 Papers ( Objective )
- Mains: 8 papers (essay/ descriptive type)
UPPSC Exam Pattern 2020
The candidate can check the elaborated exam pattern of UPPSC.
Uttar Pradesh UPPSC PCS Online Form 2020
|Name of the Exam||Type of the Exam/Time||Marks|
|UPPSC Interview||Personality Test/Interview||100 marks|
UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern
The UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern is discussed here. This is only qualifying in nature, it is used as a filtering agent to weed out the non serious candidates. The UPPSC PCS and ACF/ RFO Prelims comprises of two papers i.e., Paper I and Paper II. Both the papers are of 200 marks with Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). Check the UPPSC Prelims Exam Pattern in the table below.Uttar Pradesh UPPSC PCS Online Form 2020
|Name of Exam||UPPSC PCS Preliminary Exam|
|No. of Papers (2)||
|Duration of Exam||Both papers conducted on the same day, they are of two hours each|
|Maximum Marks||Both Papers will be of 200 marks each.|
|Number of Questions||
|Type of Exam||Offline (Pen-paper) OMR sheets|
|Nature of Questions||All questions will be of Objective type (MCQs)|
Marking Scheme For UPPSC Prelims Exam
- Paper I will decide the cut off of the exam,
- Paper II is qualifying in nature, candidates need to score 33% marks in paper II.
- There will be a 0.33% negative marking for every incorrect answer.
- For e.g., if the maximum marks allotted for a question is 2, then answering it incorrectly would incur a penalty of 0.66 marks
- Filling multiple circles on the OMR sheet for the same question would be treated as an incorrect answer and it would lead to negative marking.
- There is no negative marking for leaving a question blank.
UPPSC Syllabus: PCS Prelims Exam
UPPSC Prelims Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only and the marks obtained in the PCS and ACF/ RFO Preliminary Examination by the Candidates, who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination, will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The Syllabus for the UPPSC PCS and ACF/ RFO Prelims is similar to that of IAS.
UPPSC Prelims Syllabus: Paper I
- Current events of National and International importance: On Current Events of National and International Importance, candidates will be expected to have knowledge about them.
- Indian History: Ancient, Medieval, Modern: In History emphasis should be on broad understanding social, economic and political aspects of Indian History. In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence
- Indian and World Geography- Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World: In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
- Indian Governance and Polity: It covers details of Indian Polity, Economic and Culture, questions will test knowledge of country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development, broad features of Economic policy in India and Indian CulturePolitical System, Constitution, Public Policy, Panchayati Raj, Rights issues, etc.
- Social and Economic Development: Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject specialization.
- Environmental Ecology, Climate Change, and Biodiversity – general issues that do not require subject specialization: The questions will be in respect to problems and relationship between Population, Environment and Urbanisation. General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization, General awareness of the subject is expected from candidates.
- General Science: This section questions will be from general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline
UPPSC Prelims Syllabus: Paper 2
- Interpersonal skills (including communication skills)
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- General Mental Ability
- Elementary Mathematics (class X level – Algebra, Statistics, Geometry and Arithmetic):
Elementary Mathematics (Upto Class X Level)
➤Arithmetic : (i) Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational and Irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime Integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their Interrelationship. (ii)Average
(iii) Ratio and proportion
(v) Profit and Loss
(vi) Simple and Compound Interests
(vii) Work and Time
(viii) Speed, Time and Distance
➤Algebra: (i) Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their Interrelationship, Remainder theorem, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations.
(ii) Set Theory:- Set, null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, venn diagram.
➤Geometry: (i) Constructions and theorems regarding triangle, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area.
(ii) Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
➤Statistics: Collection of data, Classification of data, frequency, frequency distribution, tabulation, cumulative frequency. Representation of data – Bar diagram, Pie chart, histogram, frequency polygon, cumulative frequency curves (ogives), Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic Mean, Median and Mode.
- General English (class X level)
➤ Active Voice and Passive Voice
➤ Parts of Speech
➤ Transformation of Sentences
➤ Direct and Indirect Speech
➤ Punctuation and Spellings
➤ Words meanings
➤ Vocabulary & Usage
➤ Idioms and Phrases
➤ Fill in the Blanks
- General Hindi (class X level)
➤ हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
➤ संधि, समास
➤ अनेकार्थी शब्द
➤ विलोम शब्द
➤ मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियां
➤ त्तसम एवं तद्भव देशज विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
➤ हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियां
➤ उत्तर प्रदेश की मुख्य बोलियां शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ
UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern
Candidates who qualified the PCS and ACF/ RFO prelims exam are called for the mains exam. The UPPSC Mains Exam Pattern is given below. The marks of mains exam will be considered for the final selection of the candidates. The UPPSC Mains Exam comprises of eight papers which are descriptive in nature. The UPPSC Mains Exam is a merit deciding round, it hold a great weight age as it is of 1500 marks.
There are two major changes in the UPPSC main exam pattern.
- UPPSC does away with the objective type papers and re-introduced the descriptive type papers as in the past but with the increase in the number of papers.
- UPPSC introduced the ‘Ethics’ paper which was not there earlier.
|Name of Exam||UPPSC PCS Mains (Written) Examination|
|Number of Papers (8)||
|Duration of Exam||
|Type of Exam||Offline (Pen-paper)|
|Nature of Questions||Essay/descriptive type|
|Optional Subjects||As per the new UPPSC exam pattern, candidates have to select only one optional subject (2 papers) now, from the list given.|
UPPSC Syllabus: PCS Mains Syllabus
The UPPSC Mains Exam comprises of eight papers. The marks secured in the UPPSC PCS main exam are the deciding factor in the final selection.
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper II
There will be three sections in the question paper of Candidates will have to select Essay. One topic from each section and they are required to write an essay in 700 words on each topic. In the three sections, topics of the essay will be based on the following sphere :
Section A: Literature and Culture, Social sphere, Political sphere.
Section B: Science, Environment and Technology, Economic Sphere Agriculture, Industry, and Trade.
Section C: National and International Events, Natural Calamities, Land slide, Earthquake, Deluge, Drought, etc. National Development programs and projects.
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper III
- History of Indian Culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian history (from A.D.1757 to A.D. 1947): Significant events, personalities and issues, etc.
- The Freedom Struggle- its various stages and important contributors/contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country (till 1965A.D.).
- History of the world will include events from 18 century to middle of the 20 century such that as French revolution of 1789, industrial revolution, World Wars, redraw of national boundaries, Socialism, Nazism, Fascism etc-their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society and culture.
- Role of Women in society and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Meaning of liberalization, privatization and globalization and their effects on economy, polity and social structure.
- Social empowernment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
- Distribution of major natural resources of World- Water, Soils, Forests in reference to South and South-East Asia with special reference to India. Factors responsible for the location of industries (with special reference to India).
- Salient features of Physical Geography- Earthquake, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, Cyclone, Ocean Currents, winds and glaciers.
- Oceanic resources of India and their potential.
- Human migration-refugee problem of the World with focus on India.
- Frontiers and boundaries with reference to Indian sub-continent.
- Population and Settlements- Types and Patterns, Urbanization, Smart Cities and Smart Villages.
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper IV
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basis structure, Role of Supreme Court in the evolution of basic provisions of Constitution.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States: issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein .
- Role of Finance Commission in Centre- State financial relations.
- Separation of powers, dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions. Emergence and use of alternative dispute redressal mechanisms.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other major democratic countries.
- Parliament and State legislatures- structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers and privileges and concerned issues.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary: Ministries and Departments of the Government, Pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity. Public Interest Litigation (PIL).
- Salient features of the Reperesentation of People’s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, Powers, functions and their responsibilities.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies including NITI Aayog, their features and functioning.
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design, implementation and Information Communication Technology (ICT).
- Development processes- the role of Non Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Self Help Groups (SHGs), various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to the development and management of Social Sector/Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger, their implication on body politic.
- Important aspects of governance. Transparency and accountability, e-governance applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential, citizens, charters and institutional measures.
- Role of Civil Services in a democracy in the context of emerging trends.
- India and its relationship with neighbouring Countries.
- Bilateral, Regional and Global groupings and agreements involving India and/ or affecting India’s interest.
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India’s interests- Indian diaspora.
- Important International Institutions, Agencies their structure, mandate and functioning.
- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh regarding Political, Administrative, Revenue and Judicial System.
- Current affairs and events of Regional, State, National and International importance.
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper V
- Economic planning in India, objectives and achievements. Role of NITI Aayog, Pursuit of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s).
- Issues of Poverty, Unemployment, Social justice and inclusive growth.
- Components of Government Budgets and Financial System.
- Major Crops, Different types of irrigation and irrigation systems, storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce, e-technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices, Public Distribution System- objectives, functioning, Limitations, revamping, issues of buffer stocks and food security, Technology missions in agriculture.
- Food processing and related industries in India- scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India since independence.
- Effects of liberalization and globalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways etc.
- Science and Technology-developments and applications in everyday life and in National Security, India’s Science and Technology policy.
- Achievements of Indians in science & technology, in digenization of technology. Developments of New technologies, transfer of technology, dual and critical use technologies.
- Awareness in the fields of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Space Technology, Computers, Energy resources, nano- technology, microbiology, bio-technology. Issues relating to intellectual property rights (IPR), and digital rights.
- Environmental security and Ecosystems, Conservation of Wild life, Biodiversity, Environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment,
- Disaster as a Non-traditional security and safety challenge, disaster mitigation and management.
- Challenges of International Security: Issues of Nuclear proliferation, Causes and spread of extremism, Communication networks, role of media and social networking, Basics of cyber security, money laundering and human trafficking.
- India’s internal security challenges: Terrorism, corruption, insurgency and organized crimes.
- Role, kind and mandate of security forces, Higher defense organizations in India18- Specific knowledge of Uttar Pradesh Economy:- Overview of UP Economy: State Budgets. Importance of Agriculture, Industry, Infrastructure and physical resources. Human Resources and Skill development. Government Programmes and Welfare Schemes.
- Issues in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry and Animal Husbandry.
- Law and Order and Civil Defence with special reference to U.P.
UPPSC Syllabus: Mains Paper VI
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human action, dimensions of ethics, ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values-lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators, role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: Content, structure, function, its influence and relation with thought and behavior, moral and political attitudes, social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service, integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public services, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker-sections.
- Emotional Intelligence- concept and dimensions, its utility and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil Service values and ethics in Public Administration: status and problems, ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions, laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance, accountability and ethical governance, strengthening of moral values in governance, ethical issues in international relations and funding, corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: concept of public service, philosophical basis of governance and probity, information sharing and transparency in government. Right to Information, codes of ethics, codes of conduct, citizen’s charter, work culture, quality of service delivery, utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case studies on above issues.Uttar Pradesh UPPSC PCS
UPPSC Syllabus: Optional Subjects
|Agriculture & Veterinary Science||Arabic Lit.||Zoology|
|Defence Studies||Persian Lit.||Physics|
|Political Science & International Relations||Geology||Commerce & Accountancy|
|History||Civil Engineering||Public Administration|
|Social Work||Medical Science||Sociology|
|Mechanical Engineering||Botany||Electrical Engineering|
|Law||English Lit.||Animal Husbandry|
This is the last round of UPPSC Exam. Candidates who qualify Mains exam will be called to for the Personnel Interview. The Interview will be of 100 Marks. Candidates are interviewed by a Board appointed by the UPPSC.
- The objective of the interview is to check the personal suitability of the candidate for the career in the state services by a board of competent and unbiased observers.
- In the personality test, apart from their academic study, candidates must be aware of the affairs happening both within and outside their state or country.
- The interview is more of purposive conversation intended to explore the mental qualities and analytical ability of the candidate.Uttar Pradesh UPPSC PCS Online Form 2020
Apply Online (Mains)
Download Mains Notification
Download Revised Result
Download Answer Key
Download Answer Notice
Download Admit Card
For Change Exam District
Objection List / Re Upload Photo / Signature
Pay Exam Fee
Submit Final Form