MPSC EXAM SYLLABUS 2020
Maharashtra Public Service Commission on behalf of Maharashtra State government comes up with several examinations every year for recruitment into different administerial posts. Millions of aspirants prepare for MPSC EXAM SYLLABUS 2020 (MPSC Rajyaseva Exam) in order to get qualified. Different exams are conducted on a yearly basis such as Engineering services, Subordinate Services, Judicial Services, Agricultural Services, etc.
MPSC EXAM SYLLABUS 2020
Qualified candidates get posted in important departments like Deputy Superintendent of Police, Block Development Officer, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Deputy Collector, Superintendent State Excise Department, Deputy Registrar Cooperative Societies, and Tahsildar.
MPSC 2020 List of Exams:
- Maharashtra State Service Exam 2020
- Maharashtra Services Combined Group – C Exam
- MPSC Civil Judge Exam 2020
- Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Exam 2020
- Assistant Section Officer Exam 2020
- Maharashtra Subordinate Services Combined exam 2020
- Maharashtra Engineering Services Combined Exam 2020
- Maharashtra Agricultural Services Examination
- Maharashtra Education Services Exam (Group – B) 2020
- Maharashtra Forest Services Examination 2020
- Police Sub Inspector Examination 2020
- Maharashtra Tax Inspector Examination 2020
MPSC Group-A officers get an attractive pay scale of INR 15,600 – INR 39,100. Candidates recruited as group-B officers get pay scale of INR 9,300 – INR 34,800.
MPSC EXAM SYLLABUS 2020 Vacancies :
|Name Of Post||No. Of Vacancy|
|Deputy Education Officer||25|
|State Assistant Tax Commissioner||10|
|Deputy Chief Executive Officer||7|
|Deputy Superintendent (Excise DEPT.)||6|
|Deputy Superintendent (Land dept.)||6|
|Assistant Commissioner (Project Officer)||1|
Eligibility Criteria For MPSC Exam 2020 :
- Nationality: The Candidate has to be a citizen of India.
- MPSC 2020 age limit :
|General||Backward Class||Ex-Servicemen||Qualified Sports Player||PwD|
|Min||Max||Min||Max||General Catagory||Backward Class||General||Backward|
- Candidates need to be domicile of state of Maharashtra according to MPSC eligibility guidelines 2020 in case of claiming age relaxation and reservation.
- Applicant MPSC Exam candidate must be minimum 19 years old on or before April 1, 2020.
- MPSC Education Qualification 2020 : There is no minimum percentage criteria for MPSC 2020.
Aspirants for MPSC exam only need to have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree from a university which is government recognized. Candidates must be competent in native Marathi language.
Note: Candidates are given scope of unlimited attempts within age limit.
- MPSC Physical Criterion: Some MPSC posts like Assistant Commissioner of Police (ACP), Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP), Assistant Regional Transport Officer List out physical measurements in eligibility criteria. Male candidates must have minimum height of 165 cm for the post of DSP and female candidates must have minimum height of 157cm for the same. For detailed information about physical measurements you can have a look at the MPSC official website link given below, https://www.mpsc.gov.in/.
Application Fees for MPSC EXAM 2020
How to apply for MPSC 2020? (Application Submission details)
Candidates must keep these documents given below ready with them.
- Valid mobile number for registration
- Valid email id for registration
- Scanned copy of candidate’s recent photograph in jpeg/jpg format (Max size-50 kb)
- Scanned copy of candidate’s signature in jpeg/jpg format (Max size – 50kb)
Go to the Official website for application. https://www.mpsc.gov.in/
Candidates can pay application fees by using 3 options :
- Online Payment (Netbanking, credit/ debit cards)
- Maha-e-seva-kendra (by taking a printout of paying slip to nearest Maha-e-seva-kendra)
(By taking print out of the playing slip displayed in the process to nearest Maha-e-Seva Kendra)
- Bank Challan (SBI) (candidate has to take print out of the challan and pay the fees after 2 to 3 hours in nearest SBI branch)
MPSC Examination Online Application Form 2020:
MPSC Exam Application Process is already over. Candidates can only download their admit cards if they have already submitted applications successfully. Though you can still have a look at the application fee structure given below.
MPSC 2020 Examination Pattern: MPSC examinations have a similar pattern as UPSC Civil Service Exam. MPSC Exam 2020 will also be conducted in three following stages.–
- Prelims (MCQ type – 400 marks)
|Subjects||Standard||Medium||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Time Duration|
|1. General Studies (GS)||Degree||Marathi and English||100||200||2 hours|
|2. Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)||10 +2 and Degree||Marathi and English||80||200||2 hours|
- 1/3 negative marking is allotted for both paper-1 and paper-2. A candidate who has cleared the preliminary exam goes to the subsequent stage which is the Mains Exam.
2.Mains Exam (type-800) : MPSC mains exam consists of 6 compulsory papers. Paper-1 and Paper-2 are Marathi and English language papers respectively while papers 3,4,5 and 6 have questions related to general studies.
|Subjects||Standard||Medium||Total Marks||Time Duration||Type|
|Marathi and English Language (Precis/ Translation/ Essay)||10 + 2 standard||Marathi||100||3 hours||Descriptive|
|Marathi and English Language (Grammar and Comprehension)||10 + 2|
|GS – I (History, Geography, Agriculture)||Degree||Marathi and English||150||2 hours||Objective|
|GS – 2 (Human rights and development of human resource)||Degree||Marathi and English||150||2 hours||Objective|
|GS – 3 ( Indian Economy, Science and Technology)||Degree||Marathi and English||150||2 hours||Objective|
|GS – 4 (Indian Constitution)||Degree||Marathi and English||150||2 hours||Objective|
- Negative is applicable for each incorrect answer in the MCQ Papers.
- Candidates after clearing mains exam will move to the interview round.
- Personality Test (Interview-100 marks) :
Once Candidates crack the mains they are summoned for the interview round. A panel of board members assesses the candidate whether they are suitable for administrative posts. Apart from syllabus restricted knowledge, general attributes like presence of mind, aptitude, communication power, reasoning ability, etc. are also evaluated.
MPSC 2020 Exam Syllabus :
MPSC SYLLABUS: MPSC Prelims 2020 Syllabus
Similar to UPSC Exams MPSC only mention general topics names in there syllabus. MPSC being a state level exam mostly focus on historical and geopolitical aspects of Maharashtra.
Paper-1 General Studies (GS syllabus – 200 marks) :
- Current Affairs of State, National, and International Importance.
- Indian History (Emphasize on Parts related to Maharashtra), Indian National Movement.
- World and Indian Geography (with special focus on Physical, Social, Economic, Geography of Maharashtra)
- Indian Polity and governance: constitution, Panchayati raj, Rights Issue, Political System, etc.
- Economic and Social Development (Sustainable Development, Demographics, Poverty, Social Sectors Initiatives)
- Issues related to environmental biology, climate change, biodiversity.
- genera Science
Paper-2 CSAT Syllabus (200 marks):
- Basic numerical, general intelligence
- Analytical Ability, decision making and general problem-solving, logical reasoning.
- English comprehension, interpersonal skills along with communication skills.
- Marathi and English language comprehension ability
MPSC Syllabus: MPSC Mains 2020 Exam Syllabus
Paper 1 –Marathi and English (100 Marks- Descriptive)
|Section 1 : Marathi (total 50 marks)||Section 2 : English (total 50 marks)|
|· Essay Writing (candidate have to choose 1 topic out of given 2 topics) |
· English Paragraph translation into Marathi
|· Essay Writing (candidate have to choose 1 topic out of given 2 topics)|
· Marathi Paragraph translation into English
Paper 2 –Marathi and English ( 100 Marks – objective)
|· Grammar (Synonyms antonyms, Phrases, idioms, Error detection, Punctuation, etc) |
|· Grammar (Synonyms antonyms, Phrases, idioms, Error detection, Punctuation, etc)|
Paper-III general studies (150 Marks objective)
Subject : 1. History
· History of Modern India (1818-1857). Focus on Maharashtra
· Establishment of British rule in India
· Socio cultural Changes
· Emergence and growth of Indian Nationalism
· Social and economic awakening
· National Movement in Gandhi Era
· India After Independence
· Selected Social reformers of Maharashtra
· Cultural Heritage of Maharashtra ( Ancient to Modern)
· Physical geography
(with Physiographic and geomorphic details of Maharashtra)
· Economic geography of Maharashtra (Minerals and Energy recourses)
· Human and social geography of Maharashtra
· Environmental geography
· Remote sensing
· Population Geography
(With special reference to Maharashtra)
| 3. Geography and Agriculture |
· Climate: Atmosphere (with distribution of rainfall, Agro climatic zones, cropping pattern in Maharashtra)
· Soils (with problems of soil erosion and degradation in Maharashtra)
· Water Management
Paper –IV General Studies -2( 150 Marks objective)
Subjects : Indian Constitution and Indian Politics and Law
· Constitution of India
· Amendment procedure and major Amendments to the constitution
· Political System (Structure, Powers and other functions of Government)
· State Government and Administration (with Special reference to Maharashtra)
· District Administration
· Royal and Urban Local Government
· Educational System
· Parties and Pressure Groups
· Electoral Process
· Administrative Law
· Central and State Government Privileges
· Some Pertinent laws
· Social welfare and Social Legislation
· Public Services
· Control Over Public Expenditure
Paper-V General Studies-3 (150 Marks objective)
Subjects: Human Resource Development
- Human Resource Development In India
- Vocational Education
- Rural Development
Subjects: Human Rights
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UTHR 1948)
- Child Development
- Women Development
- Youth Development
- Tribal Development For Socially Unprivileged class ( SC, ST and OBC etc)
- Labor Welfare for aged people – Problems and issues
- Welfare of disabled persons
- International and regional organization
- Consumer protection
- Values and ethics
Paper-VI general studies-4 (150 Marks Objective)
Subject: 1.Economy and planning
- Indian economy
- Urban and rural infrastructure development
- Economic Reforms
- International trade and International Capital Movements
- Measurements and estimate of poverty
- Factors determining employment
- Economy of Maharashtra
Subject: 2. Economics of Development of Agriculture
- Macro economics
- Public Finance and Financial Institutions
- Growth, Development and International economics
- Indian Agriculture, Rural Development and Co-operation
- Food and Nutrition
- Indian Industry, Infrastructure and Services Sector
Subject 3. Science and technology developments
- Computer and Information Technology
- Space Technology
- Nuclear Policy of India
- Disaster Management
MPSC 2020 Admit card Download
Candidates appearing for MPSC State Civil Services Examination can download their admit card from the direct link at official site https://www.mpsc.gov.in/ once admit cards are available to download.
MPSC 2020 Result
- Maharashtra Public Service Commission will publish the name of the Shortlisted candidates at their official site after the whole selection process is completed.
- Final merit list will depend on candidate’s marks in the Mains Examination and the Personality test. All the updates will be posted on this website.