DRDO Recruitment Scientist and Engineer 2020
- Recruitment & Assistant Center (RAC)
- Vacancy Details Total Post : 167
- DRDO Syllabus for Scientist Engineer
- Details of DRDO Syllabus for Scientist Engineer:
- DRDO Examination Pattern for Scientist Engineer:
- DRDO Selection Process for Scientist Engineer:
- Syllabus for RAC DRDO Scientist B
- 3. IC motors, refrigeration and air conditioning:
- 7. Engineering mechanics:
Post Name : RAC Scientist B & Engineer Online Form 2020
About Post : Recruitment & Assistant Center (RAC) Are Invited Online Application Form For Post Of Scientist B & Executive Engineer Interested Candidate Completed All Eligibility Criteria And Apply Online Application Form.
Recruitment & Assistant Center (RAC)
Scientist B & Executive Engineer Recruitment 2020
Advt. No. 137
- Application Start : 22/05/2020
- Last Date Apply Online : 10/07/2020
- Last Date Pay Fee : 10/07/2020
- Admit Card : Available Soon
- Exam Date : Notified Soon
- Gen / OBC : Rs.100/-
- SC / ST : Rs.0/-
- All Female : Rs.0/-
- Pay Exam Fee Online Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking Mode.
- Maximum Age : 28 Years
- Age As on 10/07/2020
- Extra Age As Per Rules.
Vacancy Details Total Post : 167
|Electronics & Communication Engineer||DRDO||37||Bachelor Degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
|Mechanical Engineer||DRDO||35||Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
|Computer Science & Engineering||DRDO||31||Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Technology Engineering with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
|Chemical Engineering||DRDO||08||Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed|
|Chemistry||DRDO||07||Master Degree in Chemistry with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
|Physics||DRDO||08||Master Degree in Physics with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
|Electrical Engineering||DRDO||12||Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
|Aeronautical Engineering||DRDO||04||Bachelor Degree in Aeronautical Engineering with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
|Mathematics||DRDO||04||Master Degree in Mathematics with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
|Material Science||DRDO||10||Master Degree in Material Science with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
|Civil Engineering||DRDO||03||Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
|Psychology||DRDO||10||Master Degree in Psychology with 60% Marks with GATE Exam Passed.|
- Maharashtra TET Admit Card 2021 Paper I & Paper II Exam Date
- DFES Goa Fire Fighter Recruitment 2021 (268 Posts) Application Form
- APSSB CHSL Result 2021 Arunachal Pradesh SSB LDC Merit List
- Bihar FCI Watchman Recruitment 2021 Various Posts Apply Online
- UKPSC Forest Range Officer Admit Card 2021 Exam Date | Hall Ticket
DRDO Syllabus for Scientist Engineer
DRDO recruitment 2020 is going to fill the Scientist Engineer post around 183 vacancies, for that they are going to conduct the detailed examinations. The written test will be consist of two papers (Paper-I and Paper-II). DRDO has released the different syllabus for the Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Computer Science Engineering department.
Details of DRDO Syllabus for Scientist Engineer:
DRDO released different syllabus for the various department, and this examination will contain Paper-I and Paper-II format. Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Computer Science Engineering department detailed syllabus are given below
- Fluid Mechanics
- Thermodynamics and Heat transfer
- IC Engines, Refrigeration and Air conditioning
- Turbo Machinery
- Power Plant Engineering
- Renewable Sources of Energy
- Engineering Mechanics
- Engineering Materials
- Mechanisms and Machines
- Design of Machine Elements
- Manufacturing, Industrial and Maintenance Engineering
- Mechatronics and Robotics
Electronics & Communication Engineering:
- Basic Electronics Engineering
- Basic Electrical Engineering
- Materials Science
- Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation
- Network Theory
- Analog and Digital Circuits
- Analog and Digital Communication Systems
- Control Systems
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Electro Magnetics
- Advanced Electronics Topics
- Advanced Communication Topics
Computer Science Engineering:
- Engineering Mathematics
- Discrete Mathematics
- Digital Logic
- Computer Organization and Architecture
- Programming and Data Structures
- Compiler design
- Operating System
- Theory of Computation
- Computer Networks
- Security of Cyber-Systems
- AI and Machine Learning
DRDO Examination Pattern for Scientist Engineer:
- DRDO written examination will be of the descriptive type examination
- It consists of two papers (Paper-I and Paper-II)
- Descriptive type examination will contain 300 marks
- The exam time duration is 3 hours
- The Descriptive Examination will be in a paper-based format
DRDO Selection Process for Scientist Engineer:
The selection process is based on the valid GATE scores of 2017/2018/2019 and mark obtained in the written examination. Candidates who are qualified in the descriptive examination will be a call for the personal interview.
RAC DRDO Scientist B Exam Pattern
|Descriptive Type Paper 1||300||3 Hrs|
|Descriptive Type Paper 2||300||3 Hrs|
|Total||600 Marks||6 Hrs|
Syllabus for RAC DRDO Scientist B
Mechanical Engineering – Descriptive Paper 1 Syllabus
1. Fluid mechanics:
Fluid basics and properties, manometry, fluid statics, buoyancy, equations of motion, Bernoulli equations, and
applications, viscous flow of incompressible fluids, laminar and turbulent flows, flow through pipes and pressure drops in pipes.
2. Thermodynamics and heat transfer:
Thermodynamic processes and systems; properties of the pure substance; Zeroth, first and second laws of thermodynamics; Entropy,
Irreversibility and availability; analysis of thermodynamic cycles related to energy conversion: Rankine, Otto, Diesel and Dual Cycles;
ideal and real gases; compressibility factor; Gas mixtures.
Heat transfer modes, constant and unstable heat conduction, heat resistance, fins, free and forced convection, correlations for
convection heat transfer, radiation heat transfer – radiation heat transfer coefficient; boiling and condensation, heat exchanger
3. IC motors, refrigeration and air conditioning:
SI and CI motors, motor systems and components, performance characteristics and testing of IC motors; Fuels; Emissions and
Emission control. Refrigeration by compression of steam, refrigerants and duty cycles, compressors, condensers, evaporators and
Expansion devices, other types of refrigeration systems such as steam absorption, steam jet, thermoelectric and Vortex tube.
refrigeration. Psychometric properties and processes, comfort table, comfort and industrial air conditioning, load calculations and
4. Turbo machinery:
Alternative and rotary pumps, Pelton wheel, Kaplan and Francis turbines, speed diagrams, impulse and reaction principles,
Steam and gas turbines, jet propulsion theory – Pulse jet and air jet engines, reciprocating and rotary compressors – Theory
5. Power plant engineering:
Rankine and Brayton cycles with regeneration and reheating, fuels and their properties, flue gas analysis, boilers, steam turbines and
Other components of the power plant such as condensers, air ejectors, electrostatic precipitators and cooling towers: its theory and design,
types and applications;
6. Renewable energy sources:
Solar radiation, thermal solar energy collection: flat plate and focus collectors, their materials and performance. Solar thermal
Energy storage, applications: heating, cooling and power generation; Photovoltaic solar conversion; Harnessing wind energy,
Bio-mass and tidal energy: methods and applications, principles of operation of fuel cells.
PAPER – II
7. Engineering mechanics:
Analysis of the Force System, Friction, Centroid and Center of Gravity, Dynamics; Stresses and strains: compound stresses and
Stresses, bending moment and shear force diagrams, bending stress theory: slope and deflection, torsion, fine and coarse
8. Engineering materials:
Basic crystallography, alloy and phase diagrams, heat treatment, ferrous and non-ferrous metals, non-metallic materials, basic concepts of
Nano-materials, Properties and mechanical tests, Prevention and control of corrosion.
9. Mechanisms and machines:
Types of kinematic pairs, mobility, inversions, kinematic analysis, speed and acceleration analysis of plane mechanisms, CAM
with uniform acceleration and retardation, cycloidal motion, oscillating trackers; Vibrations: free vibration and forced damping
and damped SDOF systems, transmissivity ratio, vibration isolation, critical shaft speed. Gears – Geometry of tooth profiles,
Gear Law, Involuntary Profile, Interference, Worm, Spiral, and Worm Gears, Gear Trains: Simple, Compound, and Epicyclic;
Computer Science Engineering Descriptive Paper 1 Syllabus
- Engineering Mathematics
- Linear Algebra: Matrices, Determinants, system of linear equations, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, LU decomposition, orthonormal bases, Transforms – Fourier, DCT, wavelets.
- Calculus: Limits, continuity, differentiability, maxima and minima, mean value theorem, integration. Vector calculus – gradient, divergence, curl, integral theorems.
- Probability: Random variables, probability distributions – uniform, normal, exponential, Poisson, binomial. Mean, median, mode, standard deviation. Conditional probability and Bayes theorem. Information theory: Shannon entropy, information, conditional information.
- Discrete Mathematics: Propositional and first-order logic. Sets, relations, functions, partial orders and lattices, groups. Graphs: connectivity, matching, colouring.
- Combinatorics: counting, recurrence relations, generating functions
- Digital Logic: Boolean algebra. Combinational and sequential circuits. Minimization. Number representation and computer arithmetic (fixed and floating-point).
Computer Organization and Architecture: Machine instructions and addressing modes. Assembly language. ALU, data path and control unit. Instruction pipelining. Memory
- hierarchy: cache, main memory and secondary storage. I/O interface (interrupt and DMA modes). RISC, CISC, parallel architectures.
Computer Science Engineering Descriptive Paper 2 Syllabus
- Compiler design – Lexical analysis, parsing, syntax‐directed translation. Runtime environments, intermediate code generation.
- Operating System – Processes, threads, inter‐process communication, concurrency and synchronization, deadlocks. CPU scheduling. Memory management and virtual memory. File systems. Virtual machines and hypervisors. Secure operating systems.
- Theory of Computation – Regular expressions and finite automata. Context‐free grammars and push‐down automata. Regular and context‐free languages, pumping lemma. Turing machines and undecidability.
- Databases ER‐model – Relational model: relational algebra, tuple calculus, SQL. Integrity constraints. Normal forms. File organization, indexing (eg, B and B+ trees). Transactions and concurrency controls.
- Computer Networks – Concept of layering, OSI model. LAN technologies (Ethernet). Flow and error control techniques, switching. IPv4 / IPv6, routers and routing algorithms (distance vector, link state). TCP/UDP and sockets, congestion control. Application layer protocols (DNS, SMTP, POP, FTP, HTTP). Basics of WiFi.DRDO Recruitment Scientist and Engineer 2020,
Electronics And Communication Engineering – Descriptive Paper 1 Syllabus
- Basic Electronics Engineering: Basics of semiconductors; Diode/Transistor basics and characteristics; Diodes for different uses; Junction & Field Effect Transistors (BJTs, JFETs, MOSFETs); Transistor amplifiers of different types, oscillators and other circuits; Basics of Integrated Circuits (ICs); Bipolar, MOS and CMOS ICs; Basics of linear ICs, operational amplifiers and their applications-linear/non-linear; Optical sources/detectors;
- Basics of Optoelectronics and its applications.
Basic Electrical Engineering: DC circuits ohm’s & Kirchoff’s laws, mesh and nodal analysis, circuit theorems; Electromagnetism, Faraday’s & Lenz’s laws, induced EMF and its uses; Single-phase AC circuits; Transformers, efficiency; Basics-DC machines, induction machines, and synchronous machines; Electrical power sources- basics: hydroelectric, thermal, nuclear, wind, solar; Basics of batteries and their uses.
Electronics And Communication Engineering – Descriptive Paper 2 Syllabus
- Analog and Digital Communication Systems: Random signals, noise, probability theory, information theory; Analog versus digital communication & applications: Systems- AM, FM, transmitters/receivers, theory/practice/ standards, SNR comparison; Digital communication basics: Sampling, quantizing, coding, PCM, DPCM, multiplexing-audio/video; Digital modulation: ASK, FSK, PSK; Multiple access: TDMA, FDMA, CDMA; Optical communication: fibre optics, theory, practice/standards.
- Control Systems: Classification of signals and systems; Application of signal and system theory; System realization; Transforms& their applications; Signal flow graphs, Routh-Hurwitz criteria, root loci, Nyquist/Bode plots; Feedback systems-open &close loop types, stability analysis, steady-state, transient and frequency response analysis; Design of control systems, compensators, elements of lead/lag compensation, PID and industrial controllers.
- Certificates and Mark sheets of qualifying examinations.
- Aadhar card.
- Proof of Educational Qualifications.
- Date of Birth Certificate / S.S.C
- School Study Certificate
- Declaration by the Unemployed (For claiming examination fee exemption)
- No Objection Certificate from Employer (if anywhere employed)